Saving money is important for everyone. Whether it’s to pay for an an emergency, planning ahead for college or retirement, buying a car, or getting out of debt, having money saved away makes a big difference.
The time to start saving money is now! The Los Angeles County Center for Financial Empowerment, part of the Department of Consumer and Business Affairs, is proud to celebrate Los Angeles Saves Week from February 25 to March 2, 2019.
Why should you save money? Simply put, life happens. Accidents, emergencies, or unexpected costs happen frequently and they can be expensive. If you don’t have money saved away, you might wind up skipping bills, borrowing money through a high-cost loan, or maxing out credit cards.
You can start saving today. Here’s how:
- Track your expenses. When you know where every dollar goes, you can find your best way to improve.
- Make a budget. If you plan your spending, you can find ways to save. Start small. Even saving loose change is good way to get started. If you’re getting a tax refund this year, try to save at least part of it.
- Set a goal. Do you need a short-term fix or a long-term solution? You decide why you need to save and make yourself a promise.
Make L.A. Saves Week your starting point to securing a better financial future.
- Learn more at an L.A. Saves Week event near you!
- Join us and in taking the L.A. Saves Pledge (below) to start saving money and getting financially empowered.