Cities with rent control limit the amount your rent can be raised and when you can be asked to move out.
Most rent control laws:
- Limit how much rent can be increased;
- Limit how often rent can be increased;
- Limit late fees; and
- Require landlords to give a reason when asking a tenant to move.
Not all cities have rent control.
Cities with rent control
The following cities in Los Angeles County have rent control. Cities enforce their own rent control laws. For more information or to file a complaint, contact your local rent control agency:
- The city of Los Angeles, including the San Fernando Valley (information / complaints):
Toll free: (866) 557-7368.
- Santa Monica: (310) 458-8751
- West Hollywood: (323) 848-6450
- Beverly Hills: (310) 285-1031
County of Los Angeles Department of Consumer and Business Affairs. Last change: Oct. 6, 2015