County of Los Angeles Consumer Affairs Advisory Commission
The Commission plays a valuable role in making sure the Department of Consumer and Business Affairs is helping consumers in the best possible way. The Duties of the Commission include:
- Ascertaining the needs of consumers, and advising the Director of its findings as appropriate
- Advising the Director concerning the protection and promotion of the interests of consumers
- Advising the Director regarding the need for changes in procedures, programs or legislation in order to further the interests of consumers
- Discussing with the Director methods for more effective consumer education
- Studying and reporting on matters referred for review by the Director or the Board of Supervisors
- Rendering to the Director and the Board of Supervisors at least once each calendar year a report of its activities and to testifying upon request.