Know Your Rights

Knowing your rights and obligations will help you and your family be more safe and more successful. The resources below may help you be better prepared, and more protected and prosperous.

Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit

A Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit is a form you fill out and give to a child’s school or health care provider. You can use the form to enroll a child in school or get medical care for a child.

Uniform Statutory Power of Attorney

A Power of Attorney is a legal document that you create. It gives another person the legal authority to act on your behalf in some situations, such as handling your finances if you cannot.

California Driver Licenses

California law lets qualifying undocumented immigrants get a driver license. Visit the Department of Motor Vehicles to learn how to apply.