L.A. County Mortgage Relief Program
To qualify for the program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You are a non-corporate rental property owner with no more than 4 units in LA County (Landlords can apply for up to 2 grants if they have multiple units with renters behind on rent).
- Your property must not be located in the City of Los Angeles
- Your property must be located in the moderate, high, or highest needs census tracts.
- To determine if your rental properties are located in a moderate, high, or highest-need census tract, CLICK HERE
- Then, select the “need tier” filter located in the top right corner and select “moderate” “high” and “highest.” The map will then update, showing eligible census tracts.
- You experienced financial distress due to COVID-19 between March 1, 2020 through March 31, 2023, such as loss of employment or reduction of work hours.
- You have not received assistance from the State’s COVID-19 Rent Relief or Mortgage Relief programs
- You owned the property for at least 12 months before the declared state of emergency in March 2020.
- Your income is no more than 120% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- You have delinquent property taxes and can provide proof
- You have a loan balance does not exceed $1,000,000
- You are willing to accept these funds as full settlement of the rental debt and refrain from proceeding with the eviction for the covered period, including satisfaction of any judgment.
- Grant can be used for mortgage principal reduction
* In each of the above, the landlord is required to provide proof of their tenant’s inability to pay their rent due to economic impact caused by the COVID-19 emergency.*