• March 15, 2021

California Rent Relief Program Available to Income-Eligible Households

California Rent Relief Program Available to Income-Eligible Households

California Rent Relief Program Available to Income-Eligible Households 1024 536 Consumer & Business

Rent relief is on the way! Income-eligible households in LA County in need of financial assistance for unpaid rent and utilities will be able to apply for help through the state’s CA COVID‐19 Rent Relief program.

If are experiencing COVID-19 related financial hardships, have past-due rent or utilities, and your household income is not more than 80 percent of the area median income, you may be eligible to receive help to pay past due or future rent and utilities from the state of California. Landlords and renters can verify eligibility immediately by visiting HousingIsKey.com, or by calling (833) 4302122, and if eligible, apply.

Program Details Are you or your tenants behind on rent? HousingIsKey.com

If you are a landlord and participate in the COVID‐19 Rent Relief program, you can get reimbursed for 80 percent of your eligible renters’ unpaid rent accrued between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if you agree to waive the remaining 20 percent of their unpaid rent from that same time. If you are an eligible renter, you can apply on your own and receive 25 percent of your unpaid rent that was accrued between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, even if your landlord doesn’t participate. You can also receive financial assistance to pay future rent, equal to 25 percent of your monthly amount. This combined assistance can help you stay housed once California’s eviction protections expire on June 30, 2021. Additional financial assistance available through the CA COVID‐19 Rent Relief program includes help paying past due utility payments accrued from April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021, as well as help paying future utility bills, both of which may be paid at 100 percent of cost but are limited to a total of 12 months.

To check eligibility, review the required application items and get prepared to apply starting Monday, March 15, visit HousingIsKey.com now. Required information, along with necessary verification items, will be required for applications to be processed. Once an application has been processed, both the landlord and renter will be notified about the application status and next steps.

Eligibility and Application Assistance

Registered Local Partner Network (LPN) organizations are currently available by appointment to answer questions and to help determine eligibility. A list of partners and locations is available at HousingIsKey.com, under community partners/resources, or by calling (833) 430‐2122.

LA County tenants and landlords can get more information about available resources at rent.lacounty.gov.

X