We’re hiring! Help lead our team as a Administrative Deputy! Join us to help serve the residents of Los Angeles County.
The Administrative Deputy I (UC) reports to the Chief Deputy and is responsible for directing administrative services operations, including Accounting, Budget, Emergency Planning, Facilities Management, Human Resources, and Countywide Strategic Initiatives.
- Directs the central administrative operations and planning support services of the department’s administrative functional areas including finance, budget, human resources, information technology, facilities management, materials management, and other administrative support functions.
- Directs the planning, development, and administration of the department’s fiscal operations including the collection of revenue and control of expenditures; directs the preparation and analysis of the department’s budget and participates in budget negotiations and presentations.
- Directs the planning, administration, and evaluation of the department’s human resources program.
- Assists in directing the development and implementation of changes in organization, staffing, and work processing systems to improve business processes, to increase effectiveness and efficiency, and to reduce operational costs.
- Directs the department’s centralized contracting operations and activities including the development, administration, and management of contracts and associated contract service monitoring.
- Directs the procurement, inventory control, and supply distribution operations of the department; evaluates and recommends to executive management policies, procedures, instructions, and guidelines for the effective operation of the departmental materials management and procurement programs.
- Formulates, implements, and enforces administrative policies for the department.
- Coordinates the department’s centralized administrative and planning support functions and services with that of other divisions and programs, County departments, outside agencies, and vendors.
- Designs and implements strategies for administrative operations to effectively meet current and future administrative needs for the entire organization.
- Oversees long and short-term planning and policy development for the department’s administrative operations and support services.
Applications will be accepted starting June 8, 2022 and will remain open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received before June 24, 2022. Learn more and apply here.