Areas with rent stabilization limit the amount your rent can be raised and when you can be asked to move out.
Most rent stabilization laws:
- Limit how much rent can be increased;
- Limit how often rent can be increased;
- Limit late fees; and
- Require landlords to give a reason when asking a tenant to move.
Not all cities have rent stabilization.
Unincorporated Los Angeles County
For information about L.A. County’s Rent Stabilization Ordinance visit rent.lacounty.gov
Cities with rent stabilization
The following cities in Los Angeles County have rent stabilization. Cities enforce their own rent stabilization laws. For more information or to file a complaint, contact your local rent stabilization agency:
- The city of Los Angeles, including the San Fernando Valley (information / complaints):
Toll free: (866) 557-7368.
- Santa Monica: (310) 458-8751
- West Hollywood: (323) 848-6450
- Beverly Hills: (310) 285-1031
- Inglewood: (310) 412-5301
County of Los Angeles Department of Consumer and Business Affairs. Last change: April 10, 2019