Be Responsible. Be Respectful.
- Do not drive while under the influence of cannabis. This is illegal and dangerous.
- Store your cannabis in child-resistant packaging and in places not accessible to kids. The inadvertent consumption of cannabis edibles by children is potentially very dangerous.
- If you consume edible cannabis, “start low and go slow.” It can take up to two hours to feel the effects of edible cannabis.
- Do not consume cannabis in public. This is illegal, except in limited instances where a person has a valid doctor’s recommendation to consume medical cannabis.
Learn More About Consuming Cannabis
- Proposition 64 and Responsible Adult Use of Marijuana
- Marijuana Edibles Facts
- Office of Traffic Safety Drugged Driving Campaign
- California Department of Public Health, Cannabis Public Information Website
- What’s legal? Medical vs. Adult-Use Cannabis
For problems with addiction or if you want help to quit your marijuana use, click here or call the Substance Abuse Service Helpline (SASH) at 844-804-7500 for services that can help.
You can also click here for Marijuana Anonymous, a twelve-step program for people with a desire to stop using marijuana.