Parents and teens should inform themselves about new laws concerning cannabis. In particular, it remains illegal for anyone under 21 years of age to consume or possess cannabis except in limited cases in which a doctor has recommended the use of medical cannabis.
- Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know (PDF version)
- How to Talk About Marijuana
- Marijuana and Tobacco Use Fact Sheet
- Medical Director’s Brief on Marijuana Misuse/Abuse and Consequences
- Cannabis Parent Update Brochure
- Prevention Resources – Los Angeles County Department of Public Health